Tuesday 26 July 2011

Pub Challenge numbers 11 to 14

I was going to make a Langton's Ant joke
but I thought it would be too predictable.


Supposedly one of the best pubs in Ireland, I was
somewhat unimpressed. A bit too "family friendly", and
the supposedly trad irish band had, in lieu of a tin whisle
a creepy, beardy man with a flute.


Kyteler's inn, named after Kilkenny's famous witch
Dame Alice Kytler, who supposedly poisoned
three of her husbands. You'd think the third one would
have had a bit more sense...

Surprisingly, the beer Kilkenny is quite hard to find in
Kilkenny. Smithwick's seems to be the order of the
day in most places, though I'm drinking Kilkenny here.


The third and final pub I did that night. Also the best with
the best music.
 
The bar at the end of the Jameson's tour. I decided to count
this one, even though I didn't have a beer because
Jameson's is tasty.

2 comments: