Friday 12 August 2011

Pub Challenge

Mint and Lime, Glasgow

Waxy O'Connor's, Glasgow
I at a bowl of haggis here. It was tasty.

The Scotia Bar, Glasgow. One of three puibs I visited
that claim to be the oldest in Glasgow. This one is the best
contender, and also once a favourite haunt of Billy Connelly

Old College Bar, Glasgow. Second pub claiming to be
the oldest in the city. This one was a pretty crummy
bar, and apparently their only claim to age is because they've
held their license the longest, but have moved venues.

The Clutha, Glasgow. I decided to do something
special for number fifty, so I jumped in the river Clyde
beforehand. I also spent a fair amount of time writing the sign.

Waterhouse, Balloch

1 comment:

  1. "I ate a bowl of haggis here. It was tasty" ... and alcoholic? According to your Pub Challenge: Condition #1: An alcoholic beverage is to be consumed on the premesis
    Courtesy: The beverage should be a pint of beer, ale or similar... (or haggis)

    "I jumped in the river Clyde
    beforehand" Oh no!!!

    ReplyDelete