Thursday 29 September 2011

Photos galore!

First things first, I'll get the buisiness out of the way. (By the way, I'm using a Turkish keyboard, so don't be surprised ıf some weird symbols crop up, lıke an ı wıthout a dot, or an uppercase one WİTH a dotç or occasıonally a ç ınstead of a dotç Yes, the turks have got a thing about dots.)
So, pictures of Fethiye and Pinara: Sorry it took so long. I couldn't get at a computer!

The main temple at Fethiye plus some random
person.
Some more temples at Fethiye

I totally climbed up to all of these like a badass archaeologist.
Pinara - some ruins with the second acropolis in the
background, riddled with tombs
Some more rock tombs at Pınara
View of the Pinara site from its theatre. Most of what you can
see here is strewn with ruins.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that first one the temple from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you climbed them all - my compliments! T^Hey look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly looks like the temple from Indiana Jones, but that was Al Khazneh, or the treasury, in the city of Petra in Jordan.
    But it's certainly where I got the whole Indiana Jones idea that I've been running with for way too long now!

    ReplyDelete